Thursday, October 9, 2008

Supporting Proposition 8

Last night Ganon and I were able to attend a broadcast regarding Proposition 8. It was very informative as to the effects this proposition will have on the state of California. I think it is important to be informed on these effects, as many people are not aware of them. Of course this particular proposition only directly affects those of us living in California, but I think these kind of attacks on the family are indicators as to the direction we are heading as a nation.

Two short videos were shown during the broadcast. Elder Ballard confessed he knew little about the world of texting, blogging, etc., but that he knew they could be important tools in spreading awareness about this issue. We were encouraged to use the means we have to inform others.

So here it is: I have attached the video of a discussion with Elder Bednar about this issue. This link and the link to the other video can be found at http://www.preservingmarriage.org/. (Those of you with Merced connections need to check out the other video to see Dan Fife who plays a starring role...).

1 comment:

Molly Jae said...

Jennie, I enjoyed reading all the articles on the preserving marriage website as well. I thought the broadcast was done so well. We are blessed to have truths.